Thursday, March 21, 2013

Economizer test under 24V for Tyco Kilovac EV200A1ANA

Last night I continued my resistor value testing this time with 2 12V AGM batteries wired in series to get a voltage similar to what I have on my ESS battery pack: more or less 26V (open circuit)



Trying different lengths of resistive wire, I test oif the contactor closes and stay closed, if it does not, I simply put less resistive length, meaning less resistance
Here I got a good result and the current going through the circuit is only 0.3A => power used = 0.3 x 26 = 7.8W




I then measure with an ohm meter the resistance value and will try find one approching this figure, here 86 Ohm
Of course, as the resistor uses current, the voltage drops, and the relay / contactor will eventually open, so I have to lower this value; Finally I decided to get a resistor of 75 Ohm after several tests

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share this Post if you Liked it !

Please Share this Post if you Liked it ! Thanks !
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...