Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tyco Kilovac contactor added to grid tie inverter set up

Few weeks ago I received my Tyco Kilovac contactor from Hong Kong; I purchased it used on eBay at a bargain price of 50 EUR or so, and it took 3 weeks to get here.
After testing it with a 12V battery, I added it to my discharge line, between the Amp meter and the Grid Tie inverter (3rd picture below), and it is deactivated by the Programmable Voltmeter when the battery pack hits 48V (and when kick in again at 52V, which means never)
The makes a loud clap noise when the coil is activated and the contact must be able to carry 500A ! Of course it is oversized for my project (10-15A max) but I wanted to try it after seeing it on many EV conversions





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share this Post if you Liked it !

Please Share this Post if you Liked it ! Thanks !
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...