Monday, February 4, 2013

Copper Lugs found in Boat Store in Boulogne - New Lugs & More Crimping

Sometimes, you do not need to go very far to find what you need; This saturday moring, I went to a first boat equipment store in Boulogne, found some nice BlueSea bus bars (made of copper) but no lugs ...

In the afternoon, I tried another boat equipment store, next to La Seine, with boats for sale, and it was a huge store ! I eventually found what I was looking for: some copper lugs for 25mm² and 35mm² cables, and also 25mm², 35mm² and 50mm² copper cables by the meter 

For a start, I got two packs of 4 lugs, 25mm² with 8mm hole and 35mm² with 8mm hole too for 1 EUR and 1.5 each, which is not bad ... I can always come back anytime ...


So on sunday, I got rid of these huge aluminum cables and replaced them by shorter twin 16mm² cables, crimped togeter in one lug

Negative cable screwed onto the Battery Bank terminal

and onto the Grid Tie Inverter negative terminal

Same for positive cable

screwed on the Tyco Kilovac contactor

and on the Grid Tie Inverters

Grid Tie Inverters stack (the ESS is ON)


Et voilà !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share this Post if you Liked it !

Please Share this Post if you Liked it ! Thanks !
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...