Saturday, April 5, 2014

The LEAF Modules based Vectrix conversion to Lithium continues ...

Last night, I got an update of the conversion work carried by Soyouz76, from the famous French Vectrix forum Vectrix.fr



Few weeks ago he announced that he found out the perfect match in width and thickness of the AESC / LEAF battery modules to fit in the original Vectrix battery compartment



He now has finished wiring the 19 modules in series and is still working on charger software updates, even if I think there is no need for it; Also he wants to get install a voltmeter kind of gage to follow the modules' individual voltage and mentioned EVtv; Here again I think this is not necessary, because with a good Bottom Balancing, only the Pack voltage has to be monitored and I proved it with my series of test on these LEAF modules


Anyways, this conversion is very promising, keep on the good work ! 

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I have been riding my Vx-1 (formerly Li+) for 2600km with the AESC cells. The battery pack configuration is akin to yours (36s2p). I am currently experiencing an almost meaningless cell unbalance. For the sake of completeness, my battery pack still uses a couple of fans (although not required). When unplugged in the morning (fully charged) the dashboard shows no unbalance at all (Low 4.14V, High 4.15V, being the charger cut-off set on 4.15V). After few kms the unbalance (at rest) reaches some 0.04V while it rises up to 0.07V when some 20A is drained. These days are hot in Southern Italy: (30 C) that may cause the unbalance (never experienced in winter/spring). Nothing serious at the moment. Just to share opinions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      Actually this is not my conversion; But I use 3 modules in series for home Energy Storage;
      Thanks for your comment, interesting, and yes nothing to worry about then, as long as no module drop strangely compared to the others

      Delete
  2. Where i can get those modules on Europe (Spain)? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I got some from hybridautocenter in the US

      Delete
  3. Hi, does anyone know of somewhere in the UK I can have my vx1 batteries tested?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don?t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added
    to FeedBurner as well

    top selling monitors

    ReplyDelete

Please Share this Post if you Liked it !

Please Share this Post if you Liked it ! Thanks !
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...