Monday, June 10, 2013

DIY ESS - Soldering of the PWM kit and Using it ... for the Fan Speed Control

Last sunday, I finally took some time to solder the PWM kit I got few weeks ago



A little test with a 12V AGM battery and a small motor

It worked !

But when I tested it instead of the capacitor and resistor on the Tyco Kilovac EV200A1ANA, then I got smoke and blew the 2A fuse on the 24V line ... after hearing the contactor having difficulties to close properly with its usual big clap. There must have been too much consumption from the coil to close I guess and the MOSFET was burning hot !

So I kept the resistor & capacitor Economizer solution for the Kilovac, tested for sevral weeks now, and   used this PWM kit for the fan speed control on the metal cabinet, manual control that is for now

After long tests with the fan at different speeds, nothing was over heating, and it seemed like a good match

So I plugged it on 24V line of the ESS to further test it with the voltage it will get when mounted in line on the switched 24V

24V taken at the source, right after the 2A fuse

10 comments:

  1. Hi,
    thanks for using my kit :)
    I don't understand why the mosfet was so hot and why you burn your fuse. The mosfet is rated more than 100v/5A. But 24v is maybe a bit much for the lm317 without heatsink.
    Let me know if you have some problems, i'll correct my design !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nerick, I was trying to use it to apply a small voltage on the contractor relay but it did not seam to be good idea. I found a good way to make an economizer for this Kilovac EV200

      Delete
    2. EV200A1ANA using a resistor and big capacitor, see my following posts on this - I still use it like this a year after -
      But I am still using your PWM kit for the fan speed, adjusted manually btw, it works great on 24V directly ... I might order more from you in bigger quantities since I am preparing to sell a Kit #2 with all the components of the ESS

      Delete
  2. The best electronic devices these days stay to be the correspondence contraptions and instruments, for example, the cell phones and amusement devices like the MP5 players, iPods and the DVD players. visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Presently, I realize that some of you might be "scratching your heads" and pondering, "How on the planet will this lessen the measure of current streaming into my electronic framework" and (thusly decrease the measure of warmth that it creates)? www.adlist24.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are lots of websites where you can buy products at more competitive prices along with added advantages like free delivery, proper product warranty and money back on not being satisfied with the product.what is the new wearable technology

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are several websites where the items can be purchased in competitive price range and with all other allied advantages like free shipping, inbuilt warrant, or cash-back on dissatisfaction etc. from consumer point.
    Bobsweep

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a few sites where the things can be acquired in aggressive value go and with all other partnered points of interest like free sending, inbuilt warrant, or money back on disappointment and so forth from buyer point. double door fridge under 20000 and 25000

    ReplyDelete
  7. They currently accompany every single accessible style, hues and smaller sizes that a few people even gather thumb drives. Bobsweep robotic vacuum cleaner and mop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gadgets and electronics. I love it when technology advances. I am like a kid in a candy store when I go into stores like Best Buy. Bobsweep pethair plus robotic vacuum cleaner review

    ReplyDelete

Please Share this Post if you Liked it !

Please Share this Post if you Liked it ! Thanks !
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...